Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Male Baetis (Baetidae) (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #43 in New York
Blue-winged Olives
Baetis

Tiny Baetis mayflies are perhaps the most commonly encountered and imitated by anglers on all American trout streams due to their great abundance, widespread distribution, and trout-friendly emergence habits.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Shawnny3
Pleasant Gap, PA

Shawnny3 on Jan 19, 2011January 19th, 2011, 12:06 pm EST
Any Troutnuts going to be there?

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
Keystoner
Keystoner's profile picture
Eugene, OR - formerly Eastern PA

Keystoner on Jan 19, 2011January 19th, 2011, 12:58 pm EST
I shall be in attendance. Not sure Sat. or Sun. but probably Sat... If you want to meet up lemme know. Might be nice to put faces on the names.
"Out into the cool of the evening, strolls the Pretender. He knows that all his hopes and dreams, begin and end there." -JB
JAD
JAD's profile picture
Alexandria Pa

JAD on Jan 19, 2011January 19th, 2011, 1:10 pm EST
Shawn
I will be their again ,I hope you have those 100 hooks ready, I will have a pocket full of money.

See ya their
John

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,
CaseyP
CaseyP's profile picture
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

CaseyP on Jan 20, 2011January 20th, 2011, 12:39 am EST
can't make it as far as Somerset this Jan. anyone going to the "Philadelphia" show? in March?
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra
Shawnny3
Pleasant Gap, PA

Shawnny3 on Jan 24, 2011January 24th, 2011, 1:48 pm EST
Good to see you there, John. Too bad I missed you, Keystoner - always good to meet a new Troutnut. Maybe next time. Missed you and BFF, Casey, not to mention Chris.

It was a decent show, really good crowd Saturday but light the other two days. Good response to the little hooks. Developed what I think may be my next artistic fly on Saturday. After a bit of fooling around and making some crappy flies, things just came together and a cute little pattern was born - good stuff.

See you in Philly, Casey. Hope others can join us.

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com

Quick Reply