Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Female Hexagenia limbata (Ephemeridae) (Hex) Mayfly Dun from the Namekagon River in Wisconsin
Hex Mayflies
Hexagenia limbata

The famous nocturnal Hex hatch of the Midwest (and a few other lucky locations) stirs to the surface mythically large brown trout that only touch streamers for the rest of the year.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Chowdryfarm
Locust Grove Va

Chowdryfarm on May 7, 2013May 7th, 2013, 6:10 pm EDT
had a small creek flowing across property in Orange county VA and now beavers have dammed it up to about 8 to 10/12/15/ inches in about 4/5 acres . i dont mind cos i'm hoping to have my own little stream ..that i can fish in...how do i get a healthy fish population going while not having the beavers eat them all.....
Chowdryfarm
Locust Grove Va

Chowdryfarm on May 7, 2013May 7th, 2013, 6:10 pm EDT
may be u could put some cat fish in there
Entoman
Entoman's profile picture
Northern CA & ID

Entoman on May 7, 2013May 7th, 2013, 9:17 pm EDT
how do i get a healthy fish population going while not having the beavers eat them all.....may be u could put some cat fish in there

Hi,

First, would you please share how you found us?

"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
Sayfu
Sayfu on May 8, 2013May 8th, 2013, 5:55 am EDT

Somebody share with me. Beavers do not eat fish like Otters do, I do not believe, or do they?

Quick Reply