Header image
Enter a name
Artistic view of a Male Pteronarcys californica (Pteronarcyidae) (Giant Salmonfly) Stonefly Adult from the Gallatin River in Montana
Salmonflies
Pteronarcys californica

The giant Salmonflies of the Western mountains are legendary for their proclivity to elicit consistent dry-fly action and ferocious strikes.

Dorsal view of a Sweltsa (Chloroperlidae) (Sallfly) Stonefly Nymph from the Yakima River in Washington
This species was fairly abundant in a February sample of the upper Yakima.
27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Chris_3g
Chris_3g on Feb 18, 2008February 18th, 2008, 12:53 am EST
Hey guys. The Leon Chandler Chapter of Trout Unlimited is sponsoring Ithaca Fishing Day. It's an event where people can come learn about fishing (more geared toward fly fishing), get advice on local fishing opportunities, and purchase gear from some local vendors. I'll be checking back here every so often if there are any questions. Thanks a lot!

Chris.

16th Annual Ithaca Fishing Day - for the novice to the advanced fisherman!
Saturday, March 8th, 2008
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

(Route 13 North by Cayuga Lake)

Sponsored by: The Leon Chandler Chapter of Trout Unlimited

Admission and Programs FREE

Featuring:

• Continuous fly tying instructions by TU youth educators
  • Continuous fly casting instruction by noted local instructors, Joe Cambridge and Carol Farkas
  • Complete line of fly fishing materials and equipment for sale
  • Fishing, community education, and environmental exhibits
  • Raffle prizes available throughout the day
  • Fish tanks of local insect species
  • Fly fishing discussions and lectures

Vendors and Exhibitors:

Mark your calendar! Saturday, March 8th, 2008

Donations appreciated

Quick Reply