Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Male Baetis (Baetidae) (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #43 in New York
Blue-winged Olives
Baetis

Tiny Baetis mayflies are perhaps the most commonly encountered and imitated by anglers on all American trout streams due to their great abundance, widespread distribution, and trout-friendly emergence habits.

Dorsal view of a Skwala (Perlodidae) (Large Springfly) Stonefly Nymph from the Yakima River in Washington
This Skwala nymph still has a couple months left to go before hatching, but it's still a good representative of its species, which was extremely abundant in my sample for a stonefly of this size. It's obvious why the Yakima is known for its Skwala hatch.
27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Flymom
Flymom's profile picture
Catskills - Livingston Manor, NY

Flymom on Oct 24, 2008October 24th, 2008, 6:43 am EDT
Fly Fishing Book Exchange at CFFCM’s Arts Show Nov. 15 & 16, 2008

For Immediate Release Contact: CFFCM 1-845-439-4810 October 24, 2008

Livingston Manor, NY. The Catskill Fly Fishing Center and Museum has added yet another component to their diverse fly fishing show, The Arts of the Angler to be held at the Danbury Plaza Hotel in Danbury CT, on November 15 & 16, 2008; a fly fishing book exchange.

The Fly Fishing Book Exchange is open to all attendees. Attendees are encouraged to bring their used books they would like to sell at the show. The CFFCM will have a ‘Book Exchange” area set up to display used books for sale and CFFCM will receive a 10% commission for sold books (an additional 5% for credit card purchases). The process is simple: ‘book sellers’ are required to put their selling price and initials on the top right hand corner of the inside right hand front page in pencil. Books can be dropped off at the CFFCM table upon entrance to the show and picked up on their way out with on the spot payment for any sold. Attendees get to enjoy the show while their books maybe earning them some money.

This Book Exchange will give attendees the opportunity to sell their old and used outdoor sporting books or pick up some to fill their library.

For more information Contact the CFFCM at 845-439-4810 or via email flyfish@catskill.net

Quick Reply