Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Female Hexagenia limbata (Ephemeridae) (Hex) Mayfly Dun from the Namekagon River in Wisconsin
Hex Mayflies
Hexagenia limbata

The famous nocturnal Hex hatch of the Midwest (and a few other lucky locations) stirs to the surface mythically large brown trout that only touch streamers for the rest of the year.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Strmanglr
Strmanglr's profile picture
Strmanglr on Oct 3, 2018October 3rd, 2018, 6:17 am EDT

Michigan, Enbridge agree on deal to replace 65-year-old crude oil pipes in Straits of Mackinac.

www.clickondetroit.com/michigan-water/michigan-enbridge-agree-on-deal-to-replace-65-year-old-crude-oil-pipes-in-straits-of-mackinac

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder’s administration and Canadian pipeline giant Enbridge have agreed to replace twin 65-year-old crude oil pipes in a channel linking two of the Great Lakes with another that would run through a tunnel far below the lake bed, officials told The Associated Press.

The plan calls for drilling an opening for the new pipeline through bedrock at depths that could exceed 100 feet (30 meters) beneath the Straits of Mackinac, a more than 4-mile-wide (6.4-kilometer) waterway where Lakes Huron and Michigan converge, officials told the AP prior to an announcement scheduled for Wednesday. The massive engineering project is expected to take seven to 10 years to complete, at a cost of $350 million to $500 million — all of which the company would pay.

Partsman
Partsman's profile picture
bancroft michigan

Partsman on Oct 3, 2018October 3rd, 2018, 2:05 pm EDT
Certainly sounds like good news jobs created and our great lakes protected. More good news was the grayling fish farm is no more, Im not against a fish farm per se, but not something that has the ausable river running right through it.
Mike.

Quick Reply