Header image
Enter a name
Artistic view of a Male Pteronarcys californica (Pteronarcyidae) (Giant Salmonfly) Stonefly Adult from the Gallatin River in Montana
Salmonflies
Pteronarcys californica

The giant Salmonflies of the Western mountains are legendary for their proclivity to elicit consistent dry-fly action and ferocious strikes.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Tctrout
Tctrout on Feb 8, 2014February 8th, 2014, 5:53 am EST
Hi all,

The details are listed within this following video, but the gist is that I am organizing a collection of fly tying and fly fishing equipment for Project Healing Waters. This is an incredible organization, and I feel that since we're in Cabin Fever mode, this is a great time to go through some stuff and find a better home for it.

The short is that I am asking for donations to be sent to me, with an email listed so I can verify they've arrived. I will leave this video on YouTube until St. Patrick's Day, and then post another that has all of the donations listed with your names (unless you wish to remain anonymous). All of the items that you send will be given to Ray Markiewicz, the Healing Waters Regional Director in Western PA and NY. I've been in contact with Ray, and he says that they can use fly tying materials, reels, rods, and basically anything involved in the sport. Every little piece helps, thus thanks ahead of time for sending what you can.

If you want more specifics, please watch the video. I appreciate everything, and hope your winter fly tying is going well!

Tim Cammisa

Please paste this to watch the video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm0SIEr_PHc

Items can be sent to:
Tim Cammisa
P.O. Box 2104
Butler, PA 16003

If sending through UPS or FedEx, please send to:
Tim Cammisa
345 South Main Street - #2104
Butler, PA 16003
Tctrout
Tctrout on Mar 3, 2014March 3rd, 2014, 4:46 pm EST
I appreciate everyone who has sent in donations for this; thank you for supporting this great cause. If you are still considering, I plan on collecting for Project Healing Waters until around St. Patrick's Day. If you have any questions, feel free to email me or watch the video.

Thanks again!

Tim
Tctrout
Tctrout on Mar 14, 2014March 14th, 2014, 2:26 am EDT
I wanted to bump this thread because I plan on wrapping up the PHW donation early next week. If you still intend to send some materials or something for PHW, please do so asap.

Thanks for the donations to this point,

Tim
Tctrout
Tctrout on Mar 27, 2014March 27th, 2014, 4:39 pm EDT
Thanks to all who donated to the Project Healing Waters donation; the collection is now closed and the items will be on their way next week. Here's a video updating everyone with the items:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIEaTJ4CXAE

Tim Cammisa

Quick Reply