Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Male Baetis (Baetidae) (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #43 in New York
Blue-winged Olives
Baetis

Tiny Baetis mayflies are perhaps the most commonly encountered and imitated by anglers on all American trout streams due to their great abundance, widespread distribution, and trout-friendly emergence habits.

Artistic view of a Perlodidae (Springflies and Yellow Stones) Stonefly Nymph from the Yakima River in Washington
This one seems to lead to Couplet 35 of the Key to Genera of Perlodidae Nymphs and the genus Isoperla, but I'm skeptical that's correct based on the general look. I need to get it under the microscope to review several choices in the key, and it'll probably end up a different Perlodidae.
27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Mikemac1
Mikemac1's profile picture
Bozeman, Montana

Mikemac1 on Feb 20, 2019February 20th, 2019, 12:12 am EST
TroutFest is the Madison-Gallatin Chapter of Trout Unlimited’s one and only fundraiser of the year and your support is needed now more than ever.

Even if you are not able to attend in person on February 23rd, don't worry; you can participate through www.mgtu2019.givesmart.com - our online ticket and auction host.

Here’s How You Can Participate in TroutFest 2019

Silent Auction:

Next to being on the water, our TroutFest Silent Auction is our most popular event of the year. This year we have some fantastic single day, multi-day and Montana destination fishing trips in out Silent Auction as well as some fantastic fishing gear and non-angling activities up for bid.

The Silent Auction on Thursday February 21st online and ends at 7:30PM MST on Saturday February 23rd, so visit www.mgtu2019.givesmart.com today to place your bid.

Live Auction:

You do not have to attend TroutFest in person to bid on incredible items like a Clackacraft drift boat custom built to your specifications, a Kenai Peninsula, Alaska fishing trip Wisconsin Muskie on-the-fly trip, a Bow River Fishing trip, original fishing artwork and more! You can bid on live auction items through our sealed reserved bid process the evening of the banquet on a first come first served basis.

If you are not able to attend TroutFest in person, contact MGTU at 406-219-7691 or mgtroutunlimited@gmail.com to arrange your remote Live Auction bids.

More items are added to both the silent and live auctions every day up until the banquet so check back frequently at www.mgtu2019.givesmart.com to make sure you don’t miss out on your chance to win some great items

Make A Donation:

Making a tax-deductible donation of any amount is a great way for you to directly help conserve, protect and restore Southwestern Montana’s coldwater fisheries.

We don't receive one penny of government support and everyone at MGTU is a volunteer. That means we rely on the generosity, dedication and commitment of anglers like you to make a lasting impact for trout and clean, cold, fishable water - resources we all value.

100% of your gift will go towards our mission and you can make a donation through our secure server at www.mgtu2019.givesmart.com

Thank you for supporting TroutFest 2019. Whether you bid on the Silent or Live auctions, attend the Banquet on February, 23rd or send a tax-deductible donation, you will have a significant and lasting impact in protecting and passing along to future generations the pristine waters and wild trout of Southwestern Montana.
Strategy without Tactics is a slow route to victory. Tactics without Strategy is the noise before defeat. --Sun Tzu
Wbranch
Wbranch's profile picture
York & Starlight PA

Wbranch on Feb 20, 2019February 20th, 2019, 10:30 pm EST
Hello Mikemac1,

I'm quite familiar with the Gallatin and very much so with the Madison. Would you care to tell us how funds gained from this function will be used to benefit those two rivers?
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.

Quick Reply