Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Male Baetis (Baetidae) (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #43 in New York
Blue-winged Olives
Baetis

Tiny Baetis mayflies are perhaps the most commonly encountered and imitated by anglers on all American trout streams due to their great abundance, widespread distribution, and trout-friendly emergence habits.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Lastchance
Portage, PA

Lastchance on Nov 29, 2008November 29th, 2008, 2:07 am EST
Hi: What are the parameters for posting insect photos? I'm sure they are here somewhere, but I can't find them.
Thanks,
Bruce
JAD
JAD's profile picture
Alexandria Pa

JAD on Dec 10, 2008December 10th, 2008, 2:03 am EST
This seams like a pretty good question, surly some buddy knows the answer or opinion. how about a reply.????

JaD

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,
CaseyP
CaseyP's profile picture
Arlington, VA/ Mercersburg, PA

CaseyP on Dec 10, 2008December 10th, 2008, 3:54 am EST
how about the Photography section? dunno if Jason has opened up the bug section to our photos or not.
"You can observe a lot by watching." Yogi Berra
Taxon
Taxon's profile picture
Site Editor
Plano, TX

Taxon on Dec 10, 2008December 10th, 2008, 4:57 am EST
Here are Jason's comments from when he set up the Photography forum.

http://www.troutnut.com/topic/462

Lastchance
Portage, PA

Lastchance on Dec 11, 2008December 11th, 2008, 10:56 am EST
Thanks. He says anything under 1 megabyte.

Quick Reply