Header image
Enter a name
Artistic view of a Male Pteronarcys californica (Pteronarcyidae) (Giant Salmonfly) Stonefly Adult from the Gallatin River in Montana
Salmonflies
Pteronarcys californica

The giant Salmonflies of the Western mountains are legendary for their proclivity to elicit consistent dry-fly action and ferocious strikes.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Pmack6 has attached these 4 pictures to this report. The message is below.
Brown taken on a mouse fly at dark!!!
A huge rainbow that ate my streamer, "streamalouche" as it is called locally, and a fish i will never forget!
Monster bow i was lucky enough to land on our afternoon floating the Chimeuin River. an absolute beauty.
I love this shot of my wife landing a bruiser rainbow (trucha arcoiris locally) on the mighty Chimeuin River

Report at a Glance

General RegionLakes Region - Patagonia
Specific LocationTipiliuke Lodge
Dates Fishedfebruary 2016
Time of Dayall day every day
Fish Caughtwild rainbow and brown trout
Conditions & Hatchesyou name it, we did it. this is just a special place. link to my story below.

Details and Discussion

Pmack6
Pmack6's profile picture
new york

Pmack6 on Apr 12, 2016April 12th, 2016, 6:28 pm EDT
http://journal.amberjack.com/2016/04/fishinginpatagoniawillchangeyourlife/

I hope you enjoy. I would be elated to talk further about this special place and hear more stories from others' travels to Patagonia
GET OUT THERE!!!!
Wbranch
Wbranch's profile picture
York & Starlight PA

Wbranch on Apr 13, 2016April 13th, 2016, 12:10 am EDT
The brown is quite skinny. The first rainbow is a nice fish but by no means "huge". Maybe 22", possibly 23". The last fish is a big rainbow, looks to be pushing 25" or 26".

You should of written "link to an advertisement for a fly fishing business".
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.

Quick Reply