Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Male Baetis (Baetidae) (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #43 in New York
Blue-winged Olives
Baetis

Tiny Baetis mayflies are perhaps the most commonly encountered and imitated by anglers on all American trout streams due to their great abundance, widespread distribution, and trout-friendly emergence habits.

Lateral view of a Onocosmoecus (Limnephilidae) (Great Late-Summer Sedge) Caddisfly Larva from the Yakima River in Washington
This specimen keys pretty easily to Onocosmoecus, and it closely resembles a specimen from Alaska which caddis expert Dave Ruiter recognized as this genus. As with that specimen, the only species in the genus documented in this area is Onocosmoecus unicolor, but Dave suggested for that specimen that there might be multiple not-yet-distinguished species under the unicolor umbrella and it would be best to stick with the genus-level ID. I'm doing the same for this one.
27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Levwood
Grosse Pte. Michigan

Levwood on Nov 3, 2013November 3rd, 2013, 9:04 am EST
I grossly overestimated how many of these net seines I would need for my friends. As a result I am selling 9-Regular sized and 6-Large sized Quick-Seines by Angling Designs. Regular size fits nets 9" x 13". Large size fits nets 10.5" x 18.5". All new in their boxes. Retail price is $24.99 each. Will entertain best offer. Buyer must buy all 15 items. Buyer pays for shipping.
Lev
LBrain
LBrain's profile picture
Birdsboro, PA

LBrain on Jan 24, 2017January 24th, 2017, 3:01 pm EST
not sure why this came up as a new post to me... looks to be a few years old unless I haven't figured out how the forum works yet... but anyway, today I reminded my wife that I still need an old pair of her white panty hose to make my seine net...
Brain
PaulRoberts
PaulRoberts's profile picture
Colorado

PaulRoberts on Jan 25, 2017January 25th, 2017, 1:45 am EST
LOL! :)

Quick Reply