Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Male Baetis (Baetidae) (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #43 in New York
Blue-winged Olives
Baetis

Tiny Baetis mayflies are perhaps the most commonly encountered and imitated by anglers on all American trout streams due to their great abundance, widespread distribution, and trout-friendly emergence habits.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Hooked
Iceland

Hooked on Apr 11, 2011April 11th, 2011, 12:07 am EDT
Hello Everyone.

My name is Einar and i'm from Iceland.
I'm chasing after salmon, sea/brown trout and arctic char. I'm a big fan of surfice action.

The fishing season has started and things are looking bright for this season.

During the summertime i'm running flyfishing school, hosting flyfishing trips, guiding and of course fishing. Some would say that i'm a fish-a-holic!

Well, just thought i would say hi.
Einar Gud
Iceland
www.hooked.is
Entoman
Entoman's profile picture
Northern CA & ID

Entoman on Apr 20, 2011April 20th, 2011, 3:00 pm EDT
Hello Einar,

Welcome! Always dreamed of fishing for the King of gamefish in your country; never made it further east than the Margaree in Nova Scotia. Ah, so many places to go and so little time....(sigh)

Good luck with your season!

Tight lines,

Kurt
"It's not that I find fishing so important, it's just that I find all other endeavors of Man equally unimportant... And not nearly as much fun!" Robert Traver, Anatomy of a Fisherman
Troutnut
Troutnut's profile picture
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

Troutnut on Apr 20, 2011April 20th, 2011, 3:06 pm EDT
Hello and welcome! I'd love to visit Iceland sometime, too. Some research similar to mine is being done there, so maybe I'll get the chance at some point.
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
Jesse
Jesse's profile picture
Jesse on Apr 21, 2011April 21st, 2011, 5:55 am EDT
Welcome boss enjoy!
Most of us fish our whole lives..not knowing its not the fish that we are after.
http://www.filingoflyfishing.com
Motrout
Motrout's profile picture
Motrout on Apr 21, 2011April 21st, 2011, 3:35 pm EDT
Welcome. Maybe we live a few thousand miles apart (I'm from Missouri right in the very center of the United States) but I agree with you on the fishaholic thing. I'm looking forward to some reports from Iceland. That's an area I've always wanted to fish but probably never will get the chance too unless I end making a lot more money somehow than I ever anticipate.
"I don't know what fly fishing teaches us, but I think it's something we need to know."-John Gierach
http://fishingintheozarks.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply