Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Male Baetis (Baetidae) (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #43 in New York
Blue-winged Olives
Baetis

Tiny Baetis mayflies are perhaps the most commonly encountered and imitated by anglers on all American trout streams due to their great abundance, widespread distribution, and trout-friendly emergence habits.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Brooklover
chester county pa

Brooklover on Apr 24, 2008April 24th, 2008, 12:09 pm EDT
Im heading out to Montana in the late summer and im looking to hike and fish for 10 days. Ill be near lolo national park and plan on staying within 100 miles of there.Im looking to fish small moumtain streams mainly. I wouldnt mind thining out the invasive brooktrout population either. Could somebody point me in the right direction. I dont mind walking a day in and a day out either. Im looking mainly for a wilderness trout experience and plan on releasing 99% of the fish i catch.
Shawnny3
Pleasant Gap, PA

Shawnny3 on Apr 24, 2008April 24th, 2008, 12:47 pm EDT
I wish I was you.

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
Brooklover
chester county pa

Brooklover on Apr 24, 2008April 24th, 2008, 3:12 pm EDT
shawnny3, you ever been? If not do it. You have to experience it a t least once in your life. Imagine straems where brook trout are thriving.
Shawnny3
Pleasant Gap, PA

Shawnny3 on Apr 25, 2008April 25th, 2008, 10:09 am EDT
The first flyfishing trip I ever took was to Montana. It was memorable in many ways, but catching fish was not a big part of the experience. Still, an amazing trip that I'll never forget.

Nowadays it's a challenge to get time enough to abscond to the stream 5 minutes from my house for a brief line-wetting session.

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
Wiflyfisher
Wiflyfisher's profile picture
Wisconsin

Wiflyfisher on Apr 25, 2008April 25th, 2008, 10:35 am EDT
I love Montana and Idaho!!

You can probably get some good info here... http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=83

I am just starting to do work with a large client out of Montana. I might have to make a business trip out there to see them this summer. (At least for 5 minutes or so.)

Quick Reply