Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Male Baetis (Baetidae) (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #43 in New York
Blue-winged Olives
Baetis

Tiny Baetis mayflies are perhaps the most commonly encountered and imitated by anglers on all American trout streams due to their great abundance, widespread distribution, and trout-friendly emergence habits.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Isidro
Isidro on Mar 11, 2008March 11th, 2008, 10:50 pm EDT
In this case, I'm completely sure about the genus. In Iberian Peninsula are cited three Epeorus species: E. alpicola, E. sylvicola and E. torrentium. Which one can be this insect?

Flying in small groups above a road, in high mountain, Benasque, Aragon, Spain, in the Pyrenees mountains, at 1400 meters high, in a zone with quick river of clean and cool water, with rocks and stones. All surrounded by pine (Pinus sylvestris) forest. Wingspan: about 25-30 mm.
Shawnny3
Pleasant Gap, PA

Shawnny3 on Mar 12, 2008March 12th, 2008, 12:15 pm EDT
I can't help you out, but I did want to mention how beautiful that first picture is. What wonderful color you captured.

-Shawn
Jewelry-Quality Artistic Salmon Flies, by Shawn Davis
www.davisflydesigns.com
Isidro
Isidro on Mar 16, 2008March 16th, 2008, 6:24 am EDT
I give it as impossible..??? :-( :-( :-(

Quick Reply