Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Male Baetis (Baetidae) (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #43 in New York
Blue-winged Olives
Baetis

Tiny Baetis mayflies are perhaps the most commonly encountered and imitated by anglers on all American trout streams due to their great abundance, widespread distribution, and trout-friendly emergence habits.

Dorsal view of a Skwala (Perlodidae) (Large Springfly) Stonefly Nymph from the Yakima River in Washington
This Skwala nymph still has a couple months left to go before hatching, but it's still a good representative of its species, which was extremely abundant in my sample for a stonefly of this size. It's obvious why the Yakima is known for its Skwala hatch.
27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Wbranch
Wbranch's profile picture
York & Starlight PA

Wbranch on May 4, 2018May 4th, 2018, 11:04 am EDT
Does any forum member have size 12 street shoes? If so I two pairs of Caddis wading shoes I would be willing to give to a member as a gift plus the cost of packaging and postage. Or I will meet you someplace up to 20 miles from York. One is a felt sole pair with a little delamination of the felt about 2" long on the inside left foot I think and the other is a upgrade with a little better bonding of the upper to the rubber Eco-sole (like Vibram) in which I installed hex head screws to gain traction. Anyone interested PM me and I will provide all the particulars and pictures if you send me your email address.

I have eight pairs of wading shoes and am trying to thin out redundant stuff.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
Jmd123
Jmd123's profile picture
Oscoda, MI

Jmd123 on May 4, 2018May 4th, 2018, 7:26 pm EDT
Bit of spring cleaning Matt? The kayak sounds pretty good, but of course I have no spare $$$ right now...my kayak is a Perception as well, but an older model (like 2000) called the Sierra. It has been highly durable and an excellent fishing platform. And actually, much to my surprise, the fact that it's bright yellow doesn't seem to bother the trout much, not the ones I've had come up and slam flies I'm about to pull off the water anyways. And a little water snake once thought it could land on me like a log, and promptly ducked under the boat with a panicked look on his face when he saw me.

Sorry to distract from your equipment sales...I have insomnia right now.

Jonahton
No matter how big the one you just caught is, there's always a bigger one out there somewhere...
Iasgair
Iasgair's profile picture
Colorado

Iasgair on Jun 28, 2018June 28th, 2018, 3:49 pm EDT
That is a very generous offer.

I was wondering if you could give me a quick personal review on the Caddis wading shoes. I have their Tough Guide waders and so far they have been excellent. But I never knew anyone who had or has their wading shoes. So I'd like your honest opinion instead of reading the hype of an advertisement.

Thanks.

Quick Reply