Header image
Enter a name
Artistic view of a Male Pteronarcys californica (Pteronarcyidae) (Giant Salmonfly) Stonefly Adult from the Gallatin River in Montana
Salmonflies
Pteronarcys californica

The giant Salmonflies of the Western mountains are legendary for their proclivity to elicit consistent dry-fly action and ferocious strikes.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Boxers54
Boxers54's profile picture
Bozeman, Montana

Boxers54 on Oct 6, 2015October 6th, 2015, 7:20 am EDT
Hello, my name is Todd, I live and fish in and around Bozeman, Montana. I created the "Trout Bench" many years ago for people wanting to bring the outdoors into their homes. Check out the fish benches at:
http://www.designsbytodd.com
They are made to look old and worn like old fashioned "Fish Decoys" yes, that was a real thing. I do take custom orders, but Brown, Rainbow, Cutthroat and Brookies are the most common.

Thanks and good fishing
I am an avid fisherman in Bozeman, Montana. I make wooden furniture and raise my kids.
www.designsbytodd.com

Quick Reply