Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Male Baetis (Baetidae) (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #43 in New York
Blue-winged Olives
Baetis

Tiny Baetis mayflies are perhaps the most commonly encountered and imitated by anglers on all American trout streams due to their great abundance, widespread distribution, and trout-friendly emergence habits.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

LittleJ
Hollidaysburg Pa

LittleJ on Jun 25, 2008June 25th, 2008, 7:30 am EDT
I have been looking for some amnesia mono. in 10 and 12 lb, does anyone have a source for this stuff? I have found the flat mono that most people carry but they also make a regular mono that is similar in diameter to maxima. I just used up the last of a spool given to me by a friend and neither he nor I have been able to find more. Any help would be appreciated.
Jeff
JOHNW
JOHNW's profile picture
Chambersburg, PA

JOHNW on Jun 25, 2008June 25th, 2008, 10:32 am EDT
Jeff,
FFP carries in the following sizes 15,20,25,30# in both red and chartreuse. Catalog price is 4.50.
Gander Mtn also carries the stuff but I don't know what # or the price.
JW
"old habits are hard to kill once you have gray in your beard" -Old Red Barn

Quick Reply