Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Male Baetis (Baetidae) (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #43 in New York
Blue-winged Olives
Baetis

Tiny Baetis mayflies are perhaps the most commonly encountered and imitated by anglers on all American trout streams due to their great abundance, widespread distribution, and trout-friendly emergence habits.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Wbranch has attached these 15 pictures. The message is below.
Marabou Black Ghost
Mickey Finn in progress
Marabou Gray Ghost
Completed Mickey Finn's w/plastic JC
Various Hornbergs
Wheatley loaded
What's left of a full JC cape bought 50 years ago.
Nine Three & maybe an Edson Tiger - kind of forget
Black Nosed Dace
The correct name to this fly wins a prize
Another view
Display
Wbranch
Wbranch's profile picture
York & Starlight PA

Wbranch on Aug 23, 2020August 23rd, 2020, 4:41 am EDT
Here is a bunch of tradional hair and fearther wing streamers I tied a few winters ago.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
Partsman
Partsman's profile picture
bancroft michigan

Partsman on Aug 23, 2020August 23rd, 2020, 11:06 am EDT
Matt, beautiful streamers! I really loved the Mickey Finns and the Black Nosed dace!
Thanks, Mike.
Wbranch
Wbranch's profile picture
York & Starlight PA

Wbranch on Aug 24, 2020August 24th, 2020, 2:51 am EDT
Thanks Mike. I'd been toying with going up to north western Maine to fish the Maggalloway and Rapid rivers. Both pretty much the last bastion of really big wild brook trout in the US. Mid May is prime time, just after ME ice out. But mid May is prime dry fly time on the Delaware and none of my close friends were willing to give up one week to go off to Maine.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.

Quick Reply