Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Male Baetis (Baetidae) (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #43 in New York
Blue-winged Olives
Baetis

Tiny Baetis mayflies are perhaps the most commonly encountered and imitated by anglers on all American trout streams due to their great abundance, widespread distribution, and trout-friendly emergence habits.

Lateral view of a Male Baetidae (Blue-Winged Olive) Mayfly Dun from Mystery Creek #308 in Washington
This dun emerged from a mature nymph on my desk. Unfortunately its wings didn't perfectly dry out.
27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

TrevorC
Interlochen, Michigan

TrevorC on Aug 25, 2007August 25th, 2007, 9:13 am EDT
Had a good day Saturday.
I'll see you down on the river...
TrevorC
Interlochen, Michigan

TrevorC on Aug 25, 2007August 25th, 2007, 9:29 am EDT
Well I guess I can't figure out how to post pics... I've tried and tried, and just can't get it to work.
TrevorC
Interlochen, Michigan

TrevorC on Aug 25, 2007August 25th, 2007, 9:30 am EDT
Can someone tell me how to upload my pics?
Taxon
Taxon's profile picture
Site Editor
Plano, TX

Taxon on Aug 25, 2007August 25th, 2007, 10:25 am EDT
Trevor-

On most forums, if you want to post a photo, it is necessary for that photo to already be resident on a server somewhere. There are numerous websites that provide that service for free. Perhaps the most popular of them is www.photobucket.com.

Once you have a photo uploaded, and know its address, then it is only necessary to properly surround the address with markup language wherever you want it to appear in your post. This takes the form of
{img src=http://...whatever.jpg}
except it is necessary to use square brackets rather than the curly brackets shown. The left square bracket is one key to the right of the letter P on the keyboard.

Alternatively, although I have not personally used this method, it is my impression that if you attach photo(s) to an email to Jason, he will upload the photos for you, and create a post that has the photo(s) in it. However, now that Jason is busy with graduate school, he likely has less time to do things like that, so I would recommend using the first method.
Best regards,
Roger Rohrbeck
www.FlyfishingEntomology.com

Quick Reply