Header image
Enter a name
Artistic view of a Male Pteronarcys californica (Pteronarcyidae) (Giant Salmonfly) Stonefly Adult from the Gallatin River in Montana
Salmonflies
Pteronarcys californica

The giant Salmonflies of the Western mountains are legendary for their proclivity to elicit consistent dry-fly action and ferocious strikes.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

Flyfisher06
argyle ny near saratoga

Flyfisher06 on Jun 10, 2007June 10th, 2007, 1:13 pm EDT
Can someone please explain how to post photos I would like to give it a try if I catch anything worth while also can you copy a photo ofa nice fish into a sreensaver or background and if so how is that accomplished
one more question if someone has posted a fish I really think is pretty am I allowed to use that what is the procedure Thanks Todd
IF I am not flyfishing or bird hunting I must be doing something bad like working !!
Chris_3g
Chris_3g on Jun 11, 2007June 11th, 2007, 5:53 am EDT
Todd,

When you go to add a topic to the Photography Forum, there should be two boxes below where you type your message. One says "Save and Add Pictures," and the other says "Submit Post." Just click on the "Save and Add Pictures" button, and you'll be able to browse to the picture on your hard drive and add a caption if so desired.

As far as the two pictures I posted as well as any I might post in the future, I have no problems with you using them.

Jason has a lot of pictures formatted in the common wallpaper sizes under the "Desktop Backgrounds" link at the top of the main page. The fastest way to set pictures as your background is to right click on them and click the "Set as Desktop Background" option. Another way is to actually save the picture on your hard drive, right click on your desktop, select the "Properties" option, and then select the picture your desktop background.

Hope that helps.

Chris.
Flyfisher06
argyle ny near saratoga

Flyfisher06 on Jun 11, 2007June 11th, 2007, 2:26 pm EDT
thanks Chris Ill try that as soon as I can take a respectable picture
IF I am not flyfishing or bird hunting I must be doing something bad like working !!

Quick Reply