Header image
Enter a name
Lateral view of a Female Hexagenia limbata (Ephemeridae) (Hex) Mayfly Dun from the Namekagon River in Wisconsin
Hex Mayflies
Hexagenia limbata

The famous nocturnal Hex hatch of the Midwest (and a few other lucky locations) stirs to the surface mythically large brown trout that only touch streamers for the rest of the year.

27" brown trout, my largest ever. It was the sub-dominant fish in its pool. After this, I hooked the bigger one, but I couldn't land it.
Troutnut is a project started in 2003 by salmonid ecologist Jason "Troutnut" Neuswanger to help anglers and fly tyers unabashedly embrace the entomological side of the sport. Learn more about Troutnut or support the project for an enhanced experience here.

JAD
JAD's profile picture
Alexandria Pa

JAD on Mar 24, 2008March 24th, 2008, 11:14 am EDT
Ok I must be stupid or something.Thanks for letting me off the hook Louis Ha Ha .

Today W Branch tried to explain to me how to post with Photobucket. Not a very good outcome.Im sure its not the teacher.

Could some buddy please try to explain to me how to post pictures on the site----Life is not like a box of candy I seam to know what usually comes:) opps I think I stepped in it again.

Thanks
John

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,
Troutnut
Troutnut's profile picture
Administrator
Bellevue, WA

Troutnut on Mar 24, 2008March 24th, 2008, 12:23 pm EDT
You don't need to use photobucket. In fact, it's best if you don't. Instead you can just upload the pictures straight to this site when you post in the photography or fishing reports section.

Just write a new post here in the photography section, click "save and add pictures" instead of "submit post," and you'll see a form that's hopefully pretty intuitive to let you upload pictures.

They'll load a lot faster and show up bigger that way than if you go with Photobucket.
Jason Neuswanger, Ph.D.
Troutnut and salmonid ecologist
Wbranch
Wbranch's profile picture
York & Starlight PA

Wbranch on Mar 24, 2008March 24th, 2008, 12:50 pm EDT
I'll surely prefer to upload directly to the site rather tha going through Photobucket. There I have to open that site, locate my albums and upload them, then highlight the picture I want, capture it in "Copy", come back to Troutnut, open my document, and click "Paste".

Then repeat almost all those steps for every picture.
Catskill fly fisher for fifty-five years.
JAD
JAD's profile picture
Alexandria Pa

JAD on Mar 24, 2008March 24th, 2008, 1:21 pm EDT
So are you saying I can"t add a picture to this post I have to start a new post?

John

They fasten red (crimson red) wool around a hook, and fix onto the wool two feathers which grow under a cock’s wattles, and which in colour are like wax.
Radcliffe's Fishing from the Earliest Times,

Quick Reply